Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) represents the summation of the precast/prestress concrete industry's innovation, design, inspection, and process improvements gained since 1954. As an ISO 9001;2015 recognized and IAS (International Accreditation Service) Accredited Quality Program, PCI's Plant Certification serves as the industry's benchmark in quality system standards worldwide.
To earn and maintain PCI certification, plants must demonstrate their commitment to quality through:
- The development of a comprehensive Quality System Manual
- The utilization of an established Multi-step Inspection Process for all products
- The successful completion and response to Unannounced Bi-annual Quality Audits through a third-party vendor
- The completion and documentation of Annual Internal Audits
- The completion and documentation of Continuous Root Cause Analysis and Process Improvements
- Plant Personnel Training Certification through PCI
- Regularly Maintained Calibration Intervals for all necessary Quality and Production Department equipment
- The completion and documentation of Approved Vendors for all materials
ATMI Precast is proud to be a PCI Certified plant for nearly 20 years! Our current product certifications through PCI include:
- Category A1 Architectural Products
- Includes exterior cladding, load-bearing and non-load-bearing wall panels, spandrels, beams, columns, and et al.
- These products typically have more stringent requirements for dimensional tolerances, finish variations, and color consistency.
- Category C3A Commercial (Structural) Products
- Precast concrete structural members that are prestressed with straight, pretensioning, or post-tensioning. Includes stemmed members for roofs, floors, and walls, as well as beams, columns, spandrels, joists, and similar products.
- These products may have a special architectural finish and/or suitable for painting if specified.
We strive to not only exceed industry standards, but rather our customer's standards. The proven consistent quality of ATMI Precast's products, demonstrates our commitment to quality on all phases of your project.
The PCI website is www.pci.org and is a great resource for all Customers.
PCI of Illinois and Wisconsin is the professional trade association representing Precast Concrete Institute certified Precast/Prestressed Concrete producers in the states of Illinois and Wisconsin.